If there is one thing that many women adore, it is a saree—the drapes, the material, and the fact that it can be chic and traditional. Colors and the material plays a significant role when it comes to choosing a perfect saree. Linen sarees, silk cotton sarees, designer silk sarees, soft silk sarees, and the list goes on and on. Each saree is unique, and one has to care for it to make it last longer. Here are some tips that you can practice to make sure every time you take out your pattu saree or the Mysore silk saree from the cupboard comes out with the same sheen and elegance it had the first time you bought it.
● Make sure you follow the washing instructions. If a saree needs dry cleaning, stick to it.
● Heavy-embroidered and heavy-work sarees should be wrapped in a cotton cloth before storing them.
● Change the way you fold your sarees once a month, so the creases don’t become a permanent mark.
● Starch cotton sarees and pattu sarees to keep them fine and intact.
● Buy easy-to-use cloth saree pouches for special occasion sarees like pure silk sarees or designer silk sarees, so they stay safe from any quick wear and tear.
● Use insect-repellent tablets or powders and fresheners to keep the sarees in the cupboard safe.
A saree is more than just a tradition. It is family, for we have always seen sarees being passed on from one generation to another as a memory. Preserve your sarees the right way to keep them in their best shape.